I grew up in a close-knit family on my father’s farm in Normandy, Surrey. I went to the village school and on to Bishop Reindorp CofE comprehensive school in Guildford. I read Politics at the University of Birmingham after which, in 1994, I embarked on my first job in the BBC News room in London.
I have since enjoyed a 15 year career in the heart of central government. I left the Civil Service in 2013 to pursue a full-time career in politics, standing as an MEP candidate in 2014.
I have been married to Charles, an Officer in the Royal Navy, for 20 years and we have two children together.
I live in Plymouth, where I service on the South and West Devon Magistrates Bench.
As an MEP Candidate in the 2014 election I campaigned hard across the South West.
Elected to East Hampshire District Council in 2010. I served as a Cabinet Member with responsibility for Energy and Environmental Health. I published a new Energy Strategy in 2014, of which I am very proud.
I currently serve as Devon Area Deputy Chair and CWO Deputy Chair South West region.
I take great pleasure in supporting Associations across this beautiful county.
- Strategic Communication Advisor and Head of Public Engagement, Dept. Energy and Climate Change.
- Communication Advisor to the Foreign Office Afghanistan Unit.
- Managing Director of Muse Consulting Ltd – Marketing and Communication Consultancy.
- Communications Director – National Events, Ministry of Defence, WWII 60, Falklands25, Armed Forces Memorial.
- Spokesman for Secretary of State for Defence on Policy and International Relations, including NATO, EU Defence Ministerials and bilateral negotiations.
- Communication Advisor to President Prodi’s Cabinet in the European Commission.
- No.10 Spokesman on Genetic Modification
- BBC News Room
A Justice of the Peace, I serve as a Magistrate on the South and West Devon Bench.
I was a founder member of Energy Alton and active on the committee. I was instrumental in securing £80K in grant funding. I helped to insulate 500 homes in Alton saving residents £27,000. We installed a 10KW solar array on Alton library. Energy Alton won a National Energy Foundation award for our initiatives.